We are excited to extend an invitation for you to join NAKASEC's 25th Anniversary and KRC's 36th Annual Fundraising Gala - Organizing Our Communities: Cultivating a Transformative Future!
The annual dinner will take place on Thursday, November 7 at the Sheraton Park Hotel in Anaheim. The event is an important opportunity for our 300 friends and supporters to come together and celebrate our accomplishments and forge a powerful social, racial and economic justice agenda for the coming year. It is also an occasion that enables us to raise awareness and funds for its programs, campaigns and services.
NAKASEC & KRC Anniversary Fundraising Gala
Thursday, November 7, 2019
- 5:30 pm Reception
- 6:30 pm Program
Location: Sheraton Park Hotel, 1855 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA 92802
Join us for a night of food, drinks, live performances, & more!
- Developed a total of 5,044 grassroots pay-due membership and many multi-generational grassroots leaders are actively organizing the community to build the power to make systemic changes since 2014
- Provided consultation and application assistance to over 4,000 members on naturalization and DACA
- During 2018 elections, NAKASEC and KRC talked to over 74,000 voters
- Educated 5,000 community members in support of the proposed homeless bridge housing in Los Angeles Koreatown, which is currently under construction planning
- Registered 5,878 voters during the 2018 elections cycle, which represents a 63% growth since 2016. We registered 18,660 young voters of color in Orange County during the past 3 years
- Coordinated Journey to Justice, where 12 Dream Riders rode their bicycles 1,784 miles from the northern to southern border, engaging 1,000 everyday Americans in a conversation about Citizenship For All
- Co-hosted Woori Ujima (our collective work and responsibility in Korean and Swahili) with the UndocuBlack Network, a historic gathering of 90 AAPI and Black immigrants to build authentic relationships and immigrant power
- Co-launched Adoptees for Justice to educate, empower, and organize transracial and transnational adoptee communities to achieve just and humane adoption, immigration, and restorative justice systems and advocates for citizenship for all adoptees
Have questions? Contact us at events [at] krcla.org or 323.937.3718 extension 0
Please make any checks to "Korean Resource Center" and mail to 900 Crenshaw Blvd #B, Los Angeles, CA 90019